The Village Building Co. is a property development and building company that works across the full spectrum of residential development including land, house and land, apartments and mixed-use developments. With a sales turnover of around $200m, the company has an extensive track record in delivering products that respond to market demand. We believe that every Australian should be able to fulfil their home ownership dreams in a community they can be proud of, and at a price they can afford. Since 1988 this belief has helped us build thriving communities in Canberra, Wollongong, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane as well as other regional centres.
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for an Office Assistant that can hit the ground running. This new role will suit a motivated team player that has experience in office admin and thrives in a busy environment. The role will be based in Canberra at Mitchell.
- Full time, immediate start.
- Amazing team and support.
- Undertake reception duties.
- Provide support to the Finance team by undertaking a broad range of finance tasks including but not limited to:
- Credit Card administration — enter and following up outstanding credit card acquittals;
- Accounts receivable — raise customer invoices as required;
- Accounts payable — enter invoices for approval;
- Settlements — process;
- Bank — reconcile accounts; and
- Scan and enter documents into audit logs in ERP system.
- Entry of monthly interest journals for the Secured Notes.
- Vendor Insurance compliance monthly checks.
- Monthly FBT entertainment export and confirm details/follow up as required.
- Review/Enter vendor details into Eftsure and payment requirements.
- Meeting support – predominantly assisting with drinks and catering.
- Manage stationery & kitchen supplies for the office.
- Proven experience in broad office administration in a busy office.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Own car and valid driver’s license.
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for correspondence, account documentation and administration files to ensure systems are up to date, accessible, secure and compatible with company record management systems.
- Financial/Accounting background an advantage but not essential.
- Be able to work as part of a team or autonomously.
- Resilient and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in M Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Operates with transparency, honesty and integrity at all times.
- Join a large, diverse, long-standing company.
- Competitive remuneration will be offered for the right candidate.
- Free Car Parking.
VBC welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. Australian visa holders only need apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience to become part of this highly engaged team please send a brief covering letter addressing the Key Responsibilities and Skills/Experience, no longer than 1 page together with your resume, no longer than 3 pages. Applications close Friday 16 February 2024.
For further information regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org