The Village Building Co. is a property development and building company that works across the full spectrum of residential development including land, house and land, apartments and mixed-use developments. With a sales turnover of around $200m, the company has an extensive track record in delivering products that respond to market demand. We believe that every Australian should be able to fulfil their home ownership dreams in a community they can be proud of, and at a price they can afford. Since 1988 this belief has helped us build thriving communities in Canberra, Wollongong, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane as well as other regional centres.
Due to ongoing growth we are seeking a Development Engineer responsible for working with project teams, managing the delivery of residential developments. The role encompasses all aspects of residential subdivision development from construction, attending site meetings, coordinating onsite activities and providing feedback on performance internally and to external consultants.
- Full time, immediate start to join a large, diverse long standing company
- Amazing team and support
- Competitive remuneration and benefits !
- Free parking
- Assist Project Directors and Development Managers on projects primarily in the ACT region.
- Review tender packages and review and assess tenders for recommendation to Senior Management.
- Review engineering designs for construction and assist with future planning.
- Liaise with consultants during the construction and title registration phases.
- Assist Development Managers in the preparation of project budgets and programmes.
- Liaise with government agencies during the construction phase.
- Assist Development Managers in monitoring the performance of projects against time, cost and quality objectives. Prepare and monitor programs.
- Assist Development Managers in ensuring WHS legislation and regulations are adhered to in all areas of your responsibility including consultants, sub-contractors and other stockholders that are engaged on behalf of the company and / or a syndicate.
- Attend regular construction meetings and coordinate construction activities in conjunction with the appointed Superintendent.
- Liaise with stakeholders.
- Maintain good knowledge of the company’s business, market conditions and the property industry across all geographies.
- Maintain good technical knowledge of relevant legislation and/ or industry requirements.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of improvements to systems, reports and procedures. Maintain a high of computer literacy.
- Participate in the ongoing training and development of yourself and the team.
- Ensure analytical and statistical skills are maintained to a high understanding.
VBC welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. Australian visa holders only need apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience to become part of this highly engaged team please send a brief covering letter addressing the Key Responsibilities and Skills/Experience, no longer than 1 page together with your resume, no longer than 3 pages. Applications close Friday 16 February 2024.
For further information regarding the position please contact email@example.com